By blog contributor, Jeanine McGuire
As you may or may not know, I love DIY Wedding Ideas. Itâ€™s really a great way to get your creative juices flowing. After much research and visiting my local craft stores, it clicked. I found out what I would create for DIY wedding favors: Paint Can Cookie Mixes!
You can decorate it any way you want and also choose a cookie flavor that suits you and your fiancÃ© or even a flavor that fits the time of the wedding. So, I chose a classic, Chocolate Chip, read along and see how you can incorporate such a fun ideas into your wedding!
Things youâ€™ll need:
– Medium sized plastic paint can with lid (you can find them at your local craft store)
-Glue or double sided tape
– Ingredients for your cookies
– Scrapbook paper for recipe tags and name labels (name labels optional)
– Stick on labels if not creating them from scrapbook paper (again, optional)
– Raffia ribbon or twine
– Hole punch
Step 1: -Step One: Choose your flavor and overall theme for the paint can decoration. I chose to do Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies with a country chic theme.
-Step Two: Print recipe directly onto scrapbook paper or onto printer style paper (if you decide to print onto printer style paper, be sure to cut to size for the recipe tags and glue onto recipe tag). Then, cut your desired size of label.
– Step Three: Print your monogram, initials, or initials and date on stick on labels or print on desired scrapbook paper. If you need to, cut out labels and glue to front of favors paint can.
– Step Four: Add ingredients of your selected cookie mix into paint can (try to create layers for a really neat look).
-Step Five: Punch a hole in recipe tag and string the ribbon or twine through. Wrap around paint can and tie into a bow or even a nice knot.
And voila! You end up with a really cute wedding favor AND people will be more than happy to use it!
Do you have any creative ideas to share with us on the wedding blog? Email us at profiles[at]pwg[dot]com or share a comment below!
Jeannine McGuire is a contributing blogger for Perfect Wedding Guide. She spends her time polishing her wedding and event coordinating business, Panache Wedding & Events. Newly wed herself, she loves to spend time with her family and friends, which include a vivacious Dalmatian and a very lazy lap cat.