Bridal shows can be overwhelming and tiring. Â Going to a show not prepared can leave you feeling frustrated and more confused than when you first walked in. Use these tips to help make your bridal show experience manageable and fun.
Â Before the Show:
- Find a show:Â visit the list of bridal showsÂ on the Colorado Perfect Wedding Guide site to see what shows are happening this weekend and how much they cost.
- Notebook it:Â write down a list of exhibitors youâ€™d like to check out, a few questions to ask, and your budget and wedding date ifÂ you’veÂ established that.
- Print it:Â create printed labels with your current contact information on them. There will be TONS of drawings, things to register for, and contest entries at the show! Peel-and-stick contact labels will be your best friend at the show.
- Create it:Â create a temporary email address to use for wedding plans only so that all wedding related communication will be in one handy spot (for example Smithwedding@email.com). Use this email address on your contact labels! When you sit down to research and plan, it will make your efforts more organized and focused. After the big day, you can delete the account.
What to Bring and What to Wear:
- Bring your support team: friends, family, fiancÃ© â€“ anyone you want, really! A positive and helpful posse with you will make the show that much more fun and special!
- Bring your notebookÂ with your lists and questions. Thereâ€™s a lot going on at bridal shows and bringing a notebook will help keep you focused. Take notes, jot down ideas, list exhibitors youâ€™d like to spend more time with, write down any deals that were offered, and keep track of what you registered for.
- Bring your calendar so you can easily set appointments and consultations right there at the show.
- Bring your contact labels
- Bring a camera
- Wear comfortable shoes
At the Show:
- Arrive Early:Â Give yourself plenty of time to talk and get to know exhibitors
- Have FUN!!
After the Show:
- Sort through all the information:Â Be aware that you will receive a lot of contact and emails (did you create a temporary wedding only email address?) Take the time to read them as many may have some great deals, tips, and ideas for your wedding.
- Like them on facebook: Find the Facebook business pages of the exhibitors you connected with as another resource for you to use with your planning.
What tips do you have for attending bridal shows?