We love everything about wedding dresses! Most brides have heard of bridal gown designers like Vera Wang, Amsale, and Monique Lhuillier . . . and there’s good reason for that. But we shouldn’t overlook the up-and-coming generation of wedding dress designers who are looking to make names for themselves. Today we thought we’d feature a few:
1. Samantha Sleeper – Another wedding dress designer who targets today’s modern millennial brides is New York native Samantha Sleeper. Her designs are targeted to brides who fall outside the traditional wedding gown market, and appeal widely to free spirits.
2. Luke Aaron – The Luke Aaron brand began with the designer’s wish to balance bridal fantasies with wearability. He launched his wedding gown designs from Boston in 2011, and continues to apply his background in the arts to use storytelling in his designs.
4. Inbal Dror – Getting her start in Tel Aviv, Inbal Dror brings her Israeli background as well as her time studying in Milan, Italy to her gown designs. She’s known for creating wedding dresses that look intricate, but feel light and airy.
5. Christos Costarellos – We’ve mentioned the increasing popularity of Boho-Chic in wedding themes, and this Greek wedding dress designer really captures that feel in his sophisticated but romantic styles.
6. Katie Fong – Katie Fong made her bridal gown design debut in 2013, and her dramatic, classic style has drawn much attention. When we think of Katie Fong, we think of gorgeous evening gown styles and timeless elegance.
7. Tara Latour – What’s fun about Tara La Tour’s wedding gown designs is that they’re always original, fashion-forward, and whimsical. She embraces the idea of modern romanticism without apology, which translates beautifully into her designs.
We’re so inspired by these and other up-and-coming wedding gown designers. Are there any that you particularly love? We’d love to hear about them in the comments!