It’s National Strawberry Shortcake Day and all we can say is YUM! We can’t wait to celebrate by making this delicious summer dessert for our families.
This also seemed like a really fun national day to use as blog inspiration, so today we’re going to highlight some of our favorite summer desserts you might want to feature at your wedding. Whet your whistle with these suggestions:
1. Mini tarts. There’s something very summery about light, flakey tarts bursting with fruit filling. Stack mini fruit tarts on a tiered cake stand for a colorful and cheerful reception centerpiece.
2. Berry parfaits. It’s berry season, so take advantage of that by serving up some delicious parfaits made with layers of fresh berries and whipped cream or custard.
3. Sorbets. Nothing is quite as refreshing as a cold and creamy sorbet. Offer up an assortment of flavors such as mixed berry, peach, apricot, or mint.
4. Ice cream sandwiches. Handmade ice cream sandwiches can be a surprisingly elegant and nostalgic summer dessert that your guests will truly love. Ask your caterer about making the cookies into heart shapes or another shape that has meaning to you.
5. Cheesecake-stuffed strawberries. If you’re looking for a one-bite dessert option for your cocktail hour, consider having your caterer hollow out some fresh strawberries and stuff them with cheesecake filling and top them with crumbled up graham crackers for some texture. Scrumptious!
6. Key Lime Pie. The light, sweet, and tart filling of a Key Lime Pie instantly brings to mind summertime and warm, romantic evenings. Serve up individual mini pies on your dessert bar if you want to get your guests in the summer mindset.
7. Soda floats. Another summer treat that most of your guests will love is a root beer (or other soda) float. You could even have a float bar with different soda and fresh ice cream options.
8. Citrus or berry granitas. This icy treat served in pretty frosted glasses will really hit the spot on a hot summer day!
9. Lemon soufflés. Lemon is a light summer flavor that will go well in just about any dessert. Individual lemon soufflés would make a perfectly sophisticated summery statement at any wedding.
What summer wedding desserts would you add to this list? Share your recipes in the comments.