When you meet with any wedding professional, be prepared to do a little homework to find out what exactly it is you want for your wedding video. With this information in hand when you go in for your one-on-one, you will be better prepared to ask questions to gain understand of all the services the professional will provide. Below are some of the most important questions to ask a wedding videographer, which can help you decide who will be the right fit for your wedding.
- How much experience do you have in shooting wedding videos?
- Do you have samples from previous bookings, and may we see them?
- What wedding video packages do you offer, and what are their differences?
- What other services do you offer?
- Do you use broadcast-quality video equipment?
- Will you use a single or multiple cameras?
- Will you shoot our wedding alone or with assistance?
- What special effects and narrative techniques do you use?
- How do you incorporate sound into your videos, and will our ceremony be clearly audible?
- Are you willing to incorporate childhood photos, previously shot video and honeymoon material into the final product?
- Does your fee include duplicate videos? If not, how much will each additional copy cost?
- Do you retain of our first-generation video and for how long?
- Can we purchase that first-generation copy?
- By what date should we book your services?
- How much is the deposit, and when is it due?
- How much is the balance, and when is it due?
- What is your cancellation policy and penalties?
Understanding the right questions to ask a wedding videographer can mean all the difference in getting a quality, long-lasting video for your wedding planning and getting one that you never want to watch.