10. You have more space in your bedroom closet. Your husband loved the way you looked in your gown, but sad to say, now he would like to get into his side of the closet without having to tango with your dress.
9. Your mom wants a guest room. Unless you have no interest at all in your gown, you had better take it from here before she turns it into a bedspread.
8. You will not have to worry when you move to a new house. It is not likely the moving men are willing to wash their hands before they touch your gown so it is best to protect it before they arrive.
7. You will not have to scramble when your daughter is born. You have enough to do with a new baby in the house, so get your dress ready for her before she arrives. (And remember to have your christening gown renewed for her, too.)
Not only will your wedding dresses pictures last forever but so will your gown.
6. You want your gown to look the way it did before your favorite niece gave you a chocolate hug and your Uncle Bob christened you with wine—worse yet red wine!
5. You know the makeup that looked so great on you is not good for the inside of your gown. Neither is the cake your husband thought was fun to feed you.
4. Your gown is ready for you to open whenever you like—just slip on a pair of white gloves before you touch it.
3. You remember how beautiful you are every time you look at your gown.
2. You wish your wedding day could last forever, and with care the beauty of your gown can last for years and years.
1. You want to re-live the love. Your gown is yours alone—the most beautiful gown ever. And it is the gown you wore when you shared the most wonderful moment of your life—marriage vows with your husband. By preserving your gown, you can make sure your beautiful gown has a happy-ever-after, too!
View more wedding dresses pictures in our dress gallery.
Sally Lorensen Conant, Ph.D.
Association of Wedding Gown Specialists