If you’re one of the many brides who is traveling during their wedding planning
, then you’re charged with the added duty of packing and traveling with your wedding dress. Here, suggestions for getting your wedding dress to-and-fro without any hiccups.
- Pack your wedding fashion in a garment bag with, preferably one provided by your bridal shop. Also, have the dress stuffed with plenty of tissue paper so that it retains its shape.
- Some airlines will require you to check your wedding dress along with your other bags. To be on the safe side, check with your airline ahead of time to verify their carry-on policy.
- If you don’t have the option of carrying your dress along, you can always have the bridal shop ship your dress ahead to its final destination.
- Have your dress steamed by a professional once you arrive at your destination wedding location. Most resorts and hotels have in-house cleaning services.
- If you feel more comfortable steaming your wedding fashion yourself, hang your wedding dress in the bathroom and turn on the shower to let the steam knock out the wrinkles. Or, ask housekeeping for a handheld steamer.
Traveling with your wedding dress is a big responsibility. Whether you ship it in advance or bring it along with you, you can avoid any last-minute surprises by planning ahead.