1. Daring Color: Charcoal, blush and robin’s egg blue were just some of the colors sighted at this season’s shows. While venturing from white or ivory isn’t for every bride, the boldness of the greys, soft pinks and blues made a splash with editors and wedding stylists alike.
Designers to Watch: Vera Wang, Romona Keveza, Karen Hendrix Couture
2. Flirty, Feminine Details: Romance was in the air and definitely on the minds of designers when creating looks for fall 2011. Flirty details such as oversize bows, ruffles and lace, and 3-D floral embellishments were big trends on the runway.
Designers to Watch: Oscar de la Renta, Lazaro, Monique Lhuillier
3. Bejeweled Belts: Colored sashes were once all the rage—this year, it’s all about the bejeweled belt. We spotted lots of these beaded accessories on dresses. The intricate crystal detailing adds a bit of sparkle to an otherwise simple gown.
Designers to Watch: Watters, Alvina Valenta
4. Uniquely Constructed Gowns:
High fashion gowns with corseted bodices, exquisite crumb-catcher necklines,and organza and silk skirts cut in patterns resembling Japanese Origami were some of the show-stopping gowns from this season.
Designers to Watch: Vera Wang, Marchesa, Peter Langner
5. Curve-hugging Silhouettes:
Expect more selections of mermaid and trumpet gowns in your local bridal salons for fall 2011. These body-conscious silhouettes are the perfect choice for the bride who has been sweating it out in the gym all year long.
Designers to Watch: Kenneth Pool, Platinum by Priscilla of Boston, Reverie by MelissaSweet