Maybe your wedding in this uncertain Covid-19 time is looking a lot different from the wedding you had planned. We offer 10 Tips For Planning Your Elopement. While most couples are rescheduling their weddings into the future with the help of their wedding vendors, others are opting for a smaller wedding, or even an elopement. We don’t know what your wedding is looking like for you, but we want to offer as many suggestions and as much help as possible.
Planning an elopement can be difficult for a lot of reasons— those that say ‘but it’s not a big wedding’ don’t know that it still has a lot of moving parts and things that need to be accomplished even if it’s just he two of you! If you’re planning a Destination Elopement (with or without guests), the job just became incrementally harder. 10 Tips For Planning Your Elopement should help get you on the right track!
- Your Elopement Day team is super important, especially if you’re planning from another location. Job One is to find someone who can help you with all of the details and offer suggestions for local vendors. This will save you time and money.
- What do you REALLY need? Decide early in the process what you’re wearing. Even ‘beach wedding’ or casual looks can be harder to shop for than you think! Research vision boards like Pinterest for great ideas and sources.
- Don’t overlook putting together a solid working budget, things can spiral out of control quickly without one.
- Will you need a day of wedding coordinator or can you reach out to a vendor in the know to help you locate key pieces of your day? If so, make this your first call as they can help put everything else in place.
- What is your vision for your elopement? Even the simplest of ceremonies with few wedding guests requires a vision in order to carry things through and lower the stress level.
- Where will you say I Do? This becomes even more difficult if you’ve never been there. Reach out to a local resource and nail this down. Find out if there is anything going on locally that might impact your day, (races, heavy traffic, concerts, etc.)
- What vendors will you need to secure?
- Chairs (if you are having guests)
- Dinner reservations in lieu of a full blown reception?
- If you’re elopement location is outside, do you have a backup plan in case of adverse weather?
- Who will make sure that things run smoothly, get you to your I Do’s, make sure that people stay out of your area?
I hear eloping is IN!!!”
Whether you choose to elope, just the two of you or with a small tribe of friends and family– OR– if you are planning a larger wedding celebration, everyone at Perfect Wedding Guide wishes you all the best! From happy planning and smooth sailing all the way to your joyful I DO!
10 Tips For Planning Your Elopement