by Julie Brinker, Hillermann Nursery and Florist
1. Pick your dress before you pick your flowers: Make sure the flowers will compliment your color scheme and your bridesmaids dresses, not blend with them
2. Choose one or two big flowers and arrange smaller ones around them: Tulips for spring, Sunflowers in fall, Garden Roses and Hydrangeas all year round
3. Shop for flowers the season before your wedding: In this way you will know what is in season and is more affordable.
4. Don’t be afraid to look at different designs, shop around: Most florists will work with your budget and create a sample bouquet for you
5. Don’t shop with a crowd: As tempting as it might be to bring the whole bridesmaids crew, shop alone first and then bring friends to help you take your final decision. The focus should be on you and what you want.
6. Try to make something your own in your bouquet: Maybe there is a flower that reminds you of your first date or a loved one, make sure you include it.
7. Don’t be afraid to be unique: Brooch bouquets, feathers, unusual flowers – let your wedding bouquet express your personality!
Hillermann Nursery and Florist is located on 2601 E. 5th Street, Washington, MO 63090. Their full service wedding designers create custom designs to make your day special and unique. You can reach them at (636) 239-6729.