With Pinterest growing steadily in popularity, hosts of bridal showers are getting really creative with their theme ideas. From the bride’s favorite musical to her favorite type of candy, inspiration for themes is in no short supply. Here are some of our recent favorites:
1. Throwback Themes. We love the idea of a shower theme based on the decade of the bride’s birth. Got a 90’s bride? Give out scrunchies as party favors and offer guests bean bag chairs. An 80’s bride? Decorate with bright, vibrant (neon-like) colors and load up the iPod with one-hit wonders. A 70’s bride? Bring out the disco ball and bellbottom pants. And let’s not forget our flower child theme for 60’s brides!
2. Opulent Elegance. A la Breakfast at Tiffany’s, hosts are going classic and romantic. From flowy script on the invites to favors brushed with gold, this theme will leave guests breathless! You can even ask guests to dress in their finest for an extra special touch.
3. Garden Party. Simple and sweet, the garden party is a classic shower theme that will never go out of style. Use a fresh spring color palette, soft floral accents, and an assortment of food and beverages such as petit fours, frosted cookies, and pink lemonade to bring this theme together.
4. Rustic Vintage. This trend has been around for a few years, and its popularity has yet to wane. Serve beverages in Mason jars, light candles in pretty lanterns, tie the chairs with burlap sashes, and send wedding invitations on chalkboard-inspired paper. You can’t go wrong!
5. Slumber Party. How much fun would it be to have a bridal shower complete with popcorn, hot chocolate, chick flicks, and adult-sized footie pajamas? Get your best pals together and party the night away—casual style.
6. Al Fresco Picnic. Whether you bring out the picnic tables or spread your favorite blankets on the ground, a picnic-themed bridal shower is an invigorating idea. Consider offering guests colorful covered cups to keep the elements out of their choice of beverage, and bring along a couple of festive games to play outdoors.
7. Tea . . . Mad Hatter Style! We’ve seen some fun bridal shower teas done with a twist: guests don their favorite hats and attend a tea party inspired by the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland. Hosts can choose to go as bold and colorful as the Queen of Hearts’ red painted roses, or as whimsical and stylized as the illustrations in Lewis Carroll’s book. Both theme styles are a hit with us!
These are just a few of our favorites. The options are really endless! Have you been to a bridal shower with a fun theme? Please share in the comments.