How much can $10,000 provide for a wedding? … a whole lot!
The Perfect Wedding Guide’s 10K WINNERS are in! Say hello to Rachel Talbott & Eric Moser. We asked the lovely couple if they would share their story with us and they said yes! We started with sending them a Q&A to answer the about each other and this is what we received.
See how Ray & Eric’s answers vary!!
Who was [groom’s] best friend growing up?
- Bride Ray: Ryan, his neighbor down the street.
- Groom Eric: Ryan Volpenhein, neighbor
Who was [bride’s] best friend growing up?
- Bride Ray: When I was really young, Samantha, who is my mother’s best friend’s daughter. In 7th grade, I met my current best friend of about 16 years, Tyrone.
- Groom Eric: Tyrone Brown
Where was [Groom/Bride] born?
- Bride and Groom both born in Cincinnati, Ohio.
What was your first date together?
- Bride Ray: Well…I think I’m going to combine #5 and #6: Our first kiss was actually before our first date. We had been friends for about 5-6 months and had feelings for each other for a little while when we attended a party after Taste of Cincinnati with many of our close friends. Supposedly he intended to ask me out on a date but hadn’t yet, and after pretty much everyone at the party overindulged, including myself, I went for it and kissed him. The next day I felt so embarrassed that I actually apologized to him since that was super out of character for me and he assured me that it was absolutely okay – but then I decided I had nothing to lose and asked him to go to a movie with me. We went to see the animated movie Epic in 3D that night and we’ve been together since.
- Groom Eric: Saw some animated movie about fairies or something, not Tinkerbelle, can’t remember the name Epic, Brave. Something along those lines
When was your first kiss together?
- Ray & Eric: After Taste of Cincinnati 2013 and some encouragement.
How many kids do you guys want to have?
- Bride Ray: 2
- Groom Eric: 2
What is the theme of your wedding?
- Bride Ray: Our wedding is in a contemporary art museum so we’re sticking with that motif – very clean, modern, sleek, and contemporary. Luckily Eric has been pretty involved in the planning, including helping me craft a bit.
- Groom Eric: Orange and Navy blue Classy and modern
Where will you both retire?
- Bride Ray: Much to my dismay, probably Cincinnati. Haha. I hope to travel quite a bit or move somewhere warmer. I think Eric would travel a lot but probably wouldn’t move outside of the Greater Cincinnati area. He likes to live close to his family.
- Groom Eric: Where we are living
What does [groom] think is [bride’s] best physical feature?
- Bride Ray: My eyes
- Groom Eric: Her beautiful eyes
What does [bride] think is [groom’s] best physical feature?
- Bride Ray: His smile
- Groom Eric: Lips??
One word to describe [bride]
- Bride Ray: Driven
- Groom Eric: Inquisitive
One word to describe [groom]
- Bride Ray: Goofy
- Groom Eric: Erratic
What is [groom’s] favorite thing [bride] cook for him?
- Bride Ray: Sea scallops or Beef Wellingtons
- Groom Eric: Scallops
What is [bride’s] favorite thing [groom] cooks for her?
- Bride Ray: His weekend breakfasts or his Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Groom Eric: Breakfast
Which one of you is better with money?
- Bride Ray: Eric. We’re both pretty good with money in general, but he’s much better with investing and understanding all of the intricacies of various account types. etc.
- Groom Eric: Me
Which one of you is better with kids?
- Bride Ray: I’d say it’s about 50/50. I’m better with babies and teenagers, he’s better with the fun, in-between ages.
- Groom Eric: Toss-up
Which one of you is better at dancing?
- Bride Ray: Me
- Groom Eric: I think I’m good but I think the bride is the clear winner
If [bride] could go anywhere in the world, where would she go?
- Bride Ray: If we’re talking about traveling, Rome.
- Groom Eric: Houston
If [groom] could go anywhere in the world, where would he go?
- Bride Ray: Germany or anywhere he can do his hobbies: fish, mountain bike, etc.
- Groom Eric: Somewhere with good fishing!