Because the goal is only to do this once! You would think that hiring a professional is a no-brainer, but sometimes, the only desire is to spend as little as possible. The alternatives aren’t always a good idea, such as a friend or cousin who took a photo class at the local community college. Not hiring a professional is a recipe for disaster! Hiring a friend often ends up causing more issues than paying for a pro. You get what you pay for!
Imagine hiring a family friend who just happens to have a nice camera. He loses the SD card… and you don’t have any wedding photos. The horror! Avoid this huge mistake with a professional who has back-ups and supplies to ensure nothing like this happens. Professionals are professionals for a reason! Can you imagine missing out on an image like this?
Credit: BrittRene Photography http://www.brittrenephoto.com
Here are five reasons why you should hire a professional:
- A professional is committed to you. They working for payment rather than a “thank you” and will make sure to do a good job!
- A professional will have experience. They know the ins and outs of the business and how to avoid mistakes. You won’t have to worry about anything going wrong! They cater to you from the beginning, during, and after the entire wedding. They want your recommendations, reviews, and of course your satisfaction. They know where to be and when to be there, rather than you have to worry about what your friend needs to be doing!
- You will get awesome results from a professional, too! Having a full-service caterer keeps you and your guests in their seats and full for the night. Your photos will be breathtaking, and your cake will be gorgeous with every detail!
- You won’t have to worry about straining your relationship. What if something goes wrong? Don’t worry, your relationship with your best friends will be safe when you have a pro vendor take over and do what they know best!
- You want your friends to enjoy your wedding! Just because you have five aunts that are amazing cooks doesn’t mean you should ask them to come together and create a meal for 300 people! Aside from the massive compliment that would be, let your aunts enjoy this day with you as you celebrate and are catered to by an actual catering business! They know how to prepare more than enough food to make sure nobody is cut short. Your guests will be thankful for this avoided mistake, too!
Of course there CAN be friends who can help you out and do a great job. But after seeing too many horror stories and mistakes that can be avoided, it’s best to go with the pros.