When the wedding day is finally over and done with, some brides don’t want to just box up their dress and put it away for it to never come out again. There are many ways to recycle your wedding dress whether that be by donating it, trashing it, or putting it in a shadow box. Some ideas make more sense than others, but there is always a bride that likes one idea more than the other.
- Trash the Dress. This trend has become increasingly popular over the past few years. Lots of brides at destination weddings like to jump into the ocean or have a paint-fight photo shoot and give the dress one last hoorah.
- Christening Gown. Take your dress to a seamstress and have it turned into a christening gown for your future children!
- Donate your dress. There are a lot of consignment shops that will buy your wedding dress and give you a portion of its selling profit! This is especially appealing to brides who have no sentimental connection to their wedding dress.
- Baby Bassinet. Continuing on with children in mind, a white baby bassinet made out of the lace from your dress or the skirt around the basket is a sentimental way to lay your baby down to sleep.
- Ornament or Christmas Tree Skirt. Use the skirt of your dress to wrap around the bottom of your tree. Or save a piece of the lace inside a glass ornament, and make it a tradition with your future daughter/in-laws. This could even be used from the leftover scraps after alterations.