1. Popcorn. Since it’s National Caramel Popcorn Day, i just had to mention this sweet and light snack. You could offer a wide variety of popcorn for guests to pick and choose: salted, butter, cheddar, spicy jalapeno, sour apple, or toasted coconut…to name only a few! Provide your guests snack-sized containers in your wedding’s theme and/or wedding color for a nice accent.
2. Lollipops. Candy stations are a fun way to offer sweet wedding snacks, but if you don’t want to invest in many different types of candy, consider just setting up a “lolli display” complete with many different flavors of lollipops.
3. Pizza. Especially popular as a snack later in the evening, pizza is a very popular and (if sliced small and toppings are limited) affordable wedding snack. If you’re going to have guests visiting from other parts of the country or the world, consider ordering some pizzas made like those from their hometowns.
4. Caramel and candy apples. Especially in the fall, these make terrific affordable snacks. You could even have them specially wrapped and offer them at each place setting as a favor for your guests to double your investment.
5. Cotton Candy. Bring out the kid in all of your guests with some light and wispy cotton candy! You can rent or buy a cotton candy machine for a reasonable fee and allow your guests to enjoy the experience of creating their own cotton candy “cones.”
6. Sundaes. If your reception venue offers a soft serve machine, consider having a sundae station. All you need is vanilla soft serve, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, sprinkles, and cherries. If you’re not concerned about nut allergies, some chopped nuts to add crunch and hint of salt is always a nice addition!
Have I made you hungry yet? Are you thinking of incorporating some fun snacks in your wedding reception? Let us know in the comments!