Know what we’re hearing?
That it’s hard to plan your wedding right now in the time of this pandemic—- and it’s hard to keep motivated about the wedding in general.
We get it. Totally. 💔
Keep the Main Thing: Wedding Edition is all about FOCUS. About how to keep your spirits up. About the two of you as a couple.
The Main Thing— the most important thing is the two of YOU!
- Keep nurturing your relationship! Love notes, little gifts, kindness.
- Don’t obsess over your wedding if the plans have changed/are changing.
- Focus your list of Things to Do—- arrange that list by importance, by dates that things need to get done.
- If you need a little help in the wedding organization department, try this!
- Do one big thing (or maybe a couple little things) a day.
- Have the feeling of satisfaction you get when you actually cross things off your list.
- Don’t expect that you will get all the answers you need right now. Many vendors are necessarily taking more time to wait and see what state and local regulations will be in regards to weddings. Multiply this by the number of wedding vendors you have and you’re likely to have a bit of lag time.
- BE KIND to your vendors, they’re under a lot of stress too! While your wedding is very important to them, they have many other weddings they are dealing with. A little kindness goes a long way.
- Be kind to YOU! Having too many expectations can lead to stress, feeling overwhelmed and being cranky!
- Keep your focus! This is hard, we get it! Set aside a specific time each day to focus on your wedding plans. Write things down. Make lists. Then, move on to other things knowing that you are organized and working your wedding plan.
- Set a goal to do something nice for someone else every day— extend your kindness even if it means sending your stressed out bridesmaid a pizza! Opening up that generosity channel helps us clear out stress and negative thoughts.
Here’s the Biggest Most Important Main Thing of ALL—
You are going to marry your best friend. And that focus will help to carry you through!
Keep the Main Thing: Wedding Edition