The open sky and weddings just go together. Whether public or private, outdoor weddings are great for dramatic settings. But if you place your celebration outside, there are many choices and decisions to make. Here are 12 wedding
planning tips for your outdoor wedding ceremony:
1. Choose a "safe" date. If you avoid hurricane and blizzard season, you might keep weather disturbances to a minimum. Maybe.
2. Complement your surroundings, don’t compete with them. The natural beauty of your chosen setting shouldn’t need a lot of embellishment.
3. Take a careful look at how your guests will reach your wedding site. Think about exits. Make sure that guests don’t stumble through darkness as they leave.
4. Assure that your guests will have access to restrooms.
5. Ask your floral designer, caterer and other vendors how much time they’ll need to set up at your site.
6. Factor electrical needs into your plans.
7. Ensure your plans meet local ordinances — get appropriate permits and inspections.
8. Use microphones so your guests don’t have to struggle to hear the wedding ceremony.
9. Protect the food. Ask your caterer to take special precautions to preserve the freshness of the food.
10. Proper lighting is key. If nature can’t or won’t supply what’s necessary, call on an expert.
11. Have your wedding site sprayed for mosquitoes, fleas and gnats two days before the event.
12. During the event, use citronella candles. You might informally supply insect repellent if your site teems with unfriendly pests.
Following this outdoor wedding advice can help you avoid an outdoor wedding nightmare!