If the honeymoon
preparations are the last task on your wedding
list, review these tips to help keep your organized for travel.
- Know what kind of documentation is required (passports, birth certificates, etc.).Review your vacation insurance policy (we highly recommend this coverage).
- Review the current TSA guidelines for carry-ons and checked baggage. Confirm with your agent any applicable charges for checked baggage.
- Attach a luggage grabber or other brightly colored item on the handle of your baggage to help with retrieval at the luggage carousel. Always have baggage tags with your full address and a contact number.
- Plan the day of departure, check in for your flights online before you leave home and print your boarding passes. Have all of your paperwork and identification together before leaving for your honeymoon.
- Do research on the area you are visiting there are website that offer coupons for local eateries, shopping, etc.
- Make a list of items you wish to take this will save a ton of time and aggravation.
- Prepare a travelers aid kit with basic items such as:
Bandages and ointment
Motion sickness medication
Medications, contacts, etc. (prescriptions must be in original containers)
Take an extra pair of contact lenses, solution and glasses (if applicable)
As they say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Taking care of the small details will make your honeymoon
travel less stressful for you both so you can concentrate on what is really important . . . the two of you!
Shelly Alkeris the marketing and customer service administrator for A Way To Go Travel, an award-winning, full-service leisure and corporate agency located in Greensboro, N.C. Before transitioning to the travel industry, Shelly was a "Jill" of all trades in corporate America.