No matter your wedding planning budget, saving money is always desirable when it comes to planning a wedding. Here, six money-saving tips for selecting wedding stationery while following proper wedding invitation etiquette.
1. Avoid purchasing a square shaped wedding invitation. No matter what size the square invitation is, you will have to pay a postage premium.
2. As much as everyone loves the “Pocket” invitation style, the invitation wrap and multiple enclosure cards that come along with it will cost you a pretty penny when it comes time to mail them to your guests.
3. Ribbons can give your invitation that special touch, but be careful that they are not too bulky when tied in a bow or knot. Again, postage will be extra.
4. If your reception is close to the church or at the same location, include the reception location on your wedding invitations and avoid printing an extra card. Print directions to the reception site on the back of your ceremony programs for wedding invitation etiquette.
5. Inquire about response postcards instead or response cards with envelopes to save on postage. Your invitation consultant can help you customize the fonts and colors to match your wedding invitation.
6. Invitations makers can now print your guest addresses on the outer and inner envelopes with matching fonts and ink colors for much less than calligraphy.
Vivian McEntyre is the owner of La Vita Allegra, an invitation boutique located in Historic Roswell, GA. The store's name is derived from McEntyre's maiden name "Allegra", which is Italian for "happy" or "cheerful." La Vita Allegra translates to "The Happy Life."